Friday, August 04, 2006

IDP vs DST

Which is better IDP (individual defensive players) or DST (if you dont know what that is you don't play fantasy football)? I play both styles and have my complaints about both.

First, IDP, the league I am in scores 2 points a tackle, sack, int, and safety. This seems excessive to me because every LB out there regularly goes for 30 points. I have won and lost many a game solely on defensive players. Thankfully my league starts only 1 LB, 1 DL & 1 CB. It really pisses me off to lose to a LB on Monday night, after a 20 point lead. The scoring definitely needs to be re-worked. However, the draft is about 6 rounds longer and after all, the draft is the half the fun.

DST, its nicce because rarely can you get screwed by a DST and you can focus all energy on offesive players during the draft. It is also nice to draft a defense such as the Bears last year it gives you a decided advantage all season and the the first 2 or 3 defenses never play the best.

If you do not have hours to dedicate to fantasy football it is best to go with DST but if you are a complete addict then IDP is the way to go. If for no other reason than the draft.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home